Flats and commercial shops were sold to people at a cost of Rs 300 crore but so far no possession has been granted.
MUMBAI: Housing minister Prakash Mehta assured the legislative assembly that action would be initiated against the guilty in the D N Nagar, Andheri West redevelopment scam.
The issue was raised in the legislative assembly on Tuesday by Congress MLA Naseem Khan through a calling attention motion. Khan said flats and commercial shops were sold to people at a cost of Rs 300 crore but so far no possession has been granted. Similarly, while the recreation ground spread over 7,500 sq metres is common to the entire layout the developer M/s Rustomjee Realty obtained 2.5 floor space index for the same and the RG was shown on a podium.
Nationalist Congress Party MLA Jayant Patil said the Economic Offences Wing had carried out detailed investigation and all the government needs to do is take action on its report. Khan said three First Information Reports have been registered against the developer.
Mehta said,” Our priority is to ensure the rights of 480 residents is protected. Also 34 of those who bought flats in the free sale component have approached the court. We shall take strict action in the matter,” he said.